There were a total of 3,720 Single Family, Condos and Townhouses closed in the month of May.(This # is up by 91 for closed transactions within the month of April).
Resale 2141 – 57.6% Short Sales 1210 – 32.5% REO 369 – 9.9%
Comparing April 2013 #’s/ Resale was 2049- 56.5% ~ Short Sales was 1209- 33.3% REO was 371-10.2%
2,150 Cash Purchases(This is up by 8 from April)
940 Conventional Financing(This is up by 65 from April)
437 FHA Financing(This is down by 3 from April)
121 VA Financing(This is up by 1 from April)
The May 2013 Statistics are:
Notice of Defaults– 1432(Compared to the Notice of Defaults in May 2012 at 462)
Notice of Trustee's Sales– 953(Compared to the Notice of Trustee’s Sales in May 2012 at 1,294)
Trustee's Deeds– 577(Compared to the Trustee’s Deeds in May 2012 at 1,174)
Short Sale Tips for the Seller
• Make your decisions on facts not fiction. Once you believe something is true you will start making choices based on this reality. If it is false you most likely will be heading down the wrong path.
• Start with your personal goals and end-result in mind.
• What about my credit? (See below - position yourself for the future).
• What about my tax liability? (Meet with your tax professional).
• Sooner is better then later - Live in the NOW! We know these can be tough decisions; however, choices need to be made. The longer you wait will only reduce your options over time.
• You will deal with financial and emotional stress - most people will be uncomfortable with this situation.read more..
© 2013 BRER Affiliates LLC. An independently owned and operated broker member of BRER Affiliates LLC.